- Two pounds beef hamburg
- Medium onion, chopped fine
- Small rutabaga, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes and then simmered in water until soft
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (peel and slice thin and simmer in water for ten minutes or so until soft and then mash
- Tablespoon salt
- Lots of pepper
- Teaspoon cinnamon
- Tablespoon-plus of ground coriander (grind fresh with a mortar and pestle)
- Pie crust (here is our recipe)
Preheat oven to 400F. Sauté onion and hamburger until cooked through. Add salt and seasonings.
Combine meat with cooked rutabaga and mashed potatoes.
Grease a round pie pan. Roll out bottom crust and fit into pan, pile meat and rutabaga and potato mixture into pie pan. Top with second rolled out crust. Slash vents int the top crust and brush with milk.
Bake 40 minutes until crust is lightly browned. Enjoy.
We eat with a side of steamed snow peas or broccoli.